Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Twin Post - Absrtact Art with My Adventures in Nail Art

Hello lovelies!

Today's post is my first ever "twin manicure"!  I recently joined a twin mani Facebook group where I got paired with the lovely Gemma of My Adventures in Nail Art.  We were assigned an abstract pattern and through our correspondences, decided on bright primary colors along with squares and dots.  Gemma described to me her yellow base with red and blue squares and green dots and I thought it sounded fabulous so here's what I came up with...

 Colors Used: Sally Hansen - Butter-fly Stroke, Sinful Colors - Ruby Ruby, Love & Beauty - Bright Cobalt, Essie - Mojito Madness

I like the playfulness of this look.  It's a very whimsical combination of colors and patterns.  Gemma knocked it out of the park with this concept!


 I started with 2 coats of Butter-fly Stroke.  I then used a striping brush to free-hand my squares.  Last, I used a dotting tool to place random green spots on my design.  Easy peasy!


Be sure to check out Gemma's twin mani that 's posted on her blog!

Until next time!

Stef <3

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your take on this! You're right, it's definitely a playful mani with the simple shapes and primary colours. Thanks for being my first twin! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! :) It's so playful and fun!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look super cute, I love the bright colors and simple shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yellow polish matches with the blue and the red colors!
    I love this abstract manicure!

    It looks stunning on your nails ;)

    Xx Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and original design :-) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete