Tuesday, June 11, 2013

In the Fashion

Hey, lovelies!

Today's post features a mani that I did to match one of my favorite dresses.  I really love the challenge of creating a design that mimics/matches an outfit I'm wearing...


Zoya Yara, Julep Denver, OPI It Color, olive green, army green, polka dot, needle drag, nails, nail art, nail desing, mani
 Colors Used: Zoya - Yara, OPI - "It" Color, Julep - Denver, Sally Hansen - White On

If I was smart, I'd take a pic of the dress to go along with this post.  Alas, I am not that smart (translate that into "I'm lazy").  Just trust that it matched my outfit well lol. I started with 2 coats of Yara as my base, an olive-green creme with gold glitter bits...


 I then took a medium sized dotting tool and did 2 rows at a time, first dotting then flipping it around to the pointy-end and dragging.  It was actually a pretty quick and easy design :)  I topped it with OPI RapiDry.



 Yay fashion!

Has anyone else attempted recreating the textile of their outfit on their nails?  Love it, hate it??

Until next time!

Stef <3

12 comments:

  1. oh well look at this, that is such an interesting technique, i will try this one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and is such a clever technique! I think I'm gonna have to try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha before I clicked on the post, I thought the design was little light bulbs! Really nice fashion inspired manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fun idea! I might try that one day :D I just love it when the nail design fits the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love this! What a great way to use dotting tools! I wanna see the clothes that inspired this. I love the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love the colour combo, that must be an awesome dress...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know where all of the comments went! I can read them on my Blogger Dashboard tho so here goes my replies haha...

    @Jasmine - Yay! I'm glad you like the technique and I'd love to see what you do with it :D

    @The Sequined Nail - Thank you! I'd love to see what you do with this technique as well!!

    @Lisa N. - Lol I can totally see lightbulbs! Too funny :P

    @Anastasia - Thank you for your lovely comment :)

    @Nefariously Nifty Nails - Thanks! I hope you give it a try and let me know how it goes! :D

    @Polished Prescription - Thank you! I'll try to get a pic of the dress up tomorrow, just for you girly ;)


    @Katherine - Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it :) It is a pretty stellar dress hahaha.


    I'm so very glad that I could be a creative spark for you ladies! I hope you have fun trying out this look :D Thank you so much for all of the love <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I'm going to have to try this pretty floral technique soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the wonderful comment and for following :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I MUST try this technique!! I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete