Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pretty, Pretty Peacock!


Hello all!  Happy Wednesday and all that good stuff :)

Today's mani is one that I've thought about and planned out for a while.  I have an entire color wheel full of peacock mistakes lol.  I've looked at plenty of pictures, both mani's and actual feathers, and this is my peacock interpretation... (be warned, there are a lot of pics lol)

 I used quite a few colors in this mani, so rather than listing them, I took a picture of them and it will be included at the end of this post :)

 When I was originally thinking this one out, I had planned on doing feathers on every nail.  It seemed a little chaotic when I actually sat and looked at all my feather attempts on the wheel.  So it became an accent nail :)

I layered the dots using 3 different sized dotting tips.

 I know I said I was going to cool it on the polka dots but.... I just couldn't help myself!  I think it's exactly what the mani needed ;)

These are all of the colors I used (L to R): Sally Hansen - Golden-I, Wet n Wild - Chick Magnet Zack, Essie - Mojito Madness, Pixel - Pixel Dust, China Glaze - Blue Sparrow (Neon), 
Sinful Colors - Midnight Blue, Love & Beauty - Purple

And the big one...


I'm pretty proud of this mani :)

Things coming up:
  • Vote for a tutorial! - I've decided that I'll post some pics of past mani's that seem to be popular and then had you all vote on which one you would like to have a tutorial on.  Maybe the top 3?  What do you think?  Any feedback would be awesome :)
  •  100th Post Giveaway! -  This marks post #85, so it's coming up pretty fast.  More details to come soon!
  • Another nail haul! - I've been a polish buying fiend recently lol.  I have some more polishes to share and my Julep Maven box for august should be coming soon, woot!  I'll be sharing that as well :)
That's all for now.  I hope you have a marvelous day!

Until next time!

Stef <3

2 comments: